User contributions are welcome !
- Add new castles
- Add photos to castles you've added or existing castles
- Write an article in your individual User Wiki
Guidelines for contributing a new castle
- Make sure the castle doesn't already exist under a different name. Check both the name and all castles for that prefecture and location to be sure
Guidelines for contributing photos
- Make sure that a similar photo does not already exist
- Each castle should have a reasonable number of photos that someone would be interesting in viewing
- Don't upload photos that are only slightly different in composition or don't add value for the viewer
- This is not your personal gallery of your castle photos
- This is not a commercial resource. All photos uploaded by you will have the same Creative Commons licensing noted in the footer. Subtle, non-obtrusive watermarks are permissible.
- Using Jcastle.info as a vehicle to advertise your business is unacceptable. Violators will have their photos removed and accounts suspended.
- Senior editors may trim some photos or edit descriptions, tags, etc in accordance with these guidelines
- You can also check here for files that have been previously uploaded
- DO NOT UPLOAD PHOTOS With GENERIC FILE NAMES LIKE FILE###.JPG or IMG###.JPG. THEY ARE NOT USER FRIENDLY TITLES AND YOU MAY INADVERTENTLY OVERWRITE OTHER PHOTOS. MINIMALLY USE THE CASTLE NAME IN ENGLISH AND A NUMBER LIKE HIMEJI1001.JPG !
After reading the above, click below to add a photo: