Shinano Asada Castle
Asadajō was built in 1395 by Asada Yoshikage. In the 1530s Asada Nagayasu was castellan. Asadajō was attacked by the Takeda Clan and he fled to Kuribayashi Village. Asadajō was then abandoned.
The site of Asadajō, a fortification dating to the Muromachi Period, is just fields today. There are no ruins but there is a stone marker; specifically there is an ishibumi (碑), a stone marker bearing an inscription, which the Japanese are very fond of erecting on historic sites.
|English Name||Shinano Asada Castle|
|Castle Condition||Ruins only|
|Historical Period||Pre Edo Period|
|Access||Murai Station on the Chuo Line; 60 minute walk|
|Visitor Information||24/7 free|
|Time Required||One Minute|
|Location||Matsumoto, Nagano Prefecture|
|Coordinates||36° 9' 52.56" N, 137° 59' 49.38" E|
|Year Visited||Viewer Contributed|
|Added to Jcastle||2020|