Tanokuchi-jin'ya was an Edo Period fortified administrative hall of the Okutono Clan. The Okutono were based in Nukata District, Mikawa Province, and their main base was the Okutono-jin'ya initially. Since they also possessed discontiguous territory here, their Saku fief, the Tanokuchi-jin'ya was used to oversee the exclave. The Shinano territory was actually larger and Tanokuchi-jin'ya later became the Okutono's most important base. Ogyū-han, Tanokuchi-han and Tatsuoka-han all seem to refer to the same fief, controlled from Tanokuchi-jin'ya. In 1863 Tatsuokajō was constructed nearby and Tanokuchi-jin'ya was abandoned. Nothing remains today.
The site is now fields but the town's old regulations board can be seen here, though it is empty now.
|English Name||Tanokuchi Jin'ya|
|Year Founded||Edo Period|
|Castle Condition||Ruins only|
|Historical Period||Edo Period|
|Access||Tatsuokajou Station on the Koumi Line; 20 minute walk|
|Visitor Information||Access Restricted|
|Time Required||2 minutes|
|Location||Saku, Nagano Prefecture|
|Coordinates||36° 11' 45.67" N, 138° 30' 24.16" E|
|Year Visited||Viewer Contributed|
|Added to Jcastle||2020|