Hirabayashi Castle (Minochi)
The castle's origins are unknown but between 1558 and 1569 Hirabayashi Castle was contolled by Takeda Shingen. The commander was Motomi Toratane. The castle consisted of three integral baileys: main bailey, east bailey, and west bailey. There were moats surrounding these enclosures, probably water-filled since Hirabayashijō was a flatland castle. The castle was abandoned in 1573 with the death of Takeda Shingen, and subsequently became rice paddies. The ruins of the castle were apparently visible up until the Late Shōwa Period, at which time a factory was built over them.
The former site of Hirabayashijō is now an insutrialised area and a temple built in the very unfortunate shape of concrete blocks. There is a stone marker showing the site of the castle.
|English Name||Minochi Hirabayashi Castle|
|Castle Condition||Ruins only|
|Historical Period||Pre Edo Period|
|Access||Kirihara Station on the Nagano Line; 19 minute walk|
|Visitor Information||24/7 free; temple|
|Time Required||10 minutes|
|Location||Nagano, Nagano Prefecture|
|Coordinates||36° 39' 17.53" N, 138° 12' 42.59" E|
|Added to Jcastle||2020|
|Admin Year Visited||Viewer Contributed|