Mino Ima Castle

From Jcastle.info
Revision as of 23:10, 17 May 2021 by ART (talk | contribs) (Created page with "{{Castle |English Name=Mino Ima Castle |Japanese Name=美濃今城 |Romaji Name=Mino-Imajō |Alternate Names= |Founder=Koike Clan |Year Founded=Early 16th Century |Castle Type...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

MinoImajou04.JPG

History

Built by the Koike Clan in the early 16th century, Ima Castle was abandoned following Mori Nagayoshi, lord of Kaneyama Castle, removing the clan's samurai status in 1582 and ordering them to return to farming. This followed rebellions by local samurai in Mino after the death of Oda Nobunaga. There is some indication that Imajō was refurbished and used briefly during the Battle of Komaki-Nagakute where Lord Nagayoshi was slain. Imajō was abandoned at this time. The castle had three principal baileys, with the shukuruwa (main bailey) being accessed through the adjacent ninokuruwa (second bailey), in turn accessed by the sannokuruwa (third bailey) beneath.


Visit Notes

Built by the Koike Clan in the early 16th century, Ima Castle was abandoned following Mori Nagayoshi, lord of Mino Kaneyama Castle, removing the clan's samurai status in 1582 and ordering them to return to farming. This followed rebellions by local samurai in Mino after the death of Oda Nobunaga. There is some indication that Imajō was refurbished and used briefly during the Battle of Komaki-Nagakute where Lord Nagayoshi was slain. Imajō was abandoned at this time. The castle had three principal baileys, with the shukuruwa (main bailey) being accessed through the adjacent ninokuruwa (second bailey), in turn accessed by the sannokuruwa (third bailey) beneath.




Gallery


Castle Profile
English Name Mino Ima Castle
Japanese Name 美濃今城
Founder Koike Clan
Year Founded Early 16th Century
Castle Type Mountaintop
Castle Condition Ruins only
Historical Period Pre Edo Period
Artifacts Dorui, Kuruwa, Koguchi, Hori, Koshikuruwa, Ido
Features trenches
Visitor Information
Access Shimogiri Station on the Taita Line; 25 minute walk
Visitor Information Free; 24/7; Park
Time Required 40 minutes
Location Kani, Gifu Prefecture
Coordinates 35° 22' 50.95" N, 137° 3' 4.14" E
Loading map...
Admin
Added to Jcastle 2021
Contributor ART
Admin Year Visited Viewer Contributed
Friends of JCastle
Hōrōki
Japan Castle Guide


2.00
(one vote)
Add your comment
Jcastle.info welcomes all comments. If you do not want to be anonymous, register or log in. It is free.