Shigetsu Fushimi Castle
Shigetsu-Fushimijō is the first iteration of Fushimi Castle built in 1592 on the plain beneath the later mountaintop castle. In 1596 it was levelled in an earthquake and Toyotomi Hideyoshi relocated to highground.
The unearthed stone wall remains of this castle, discovered during the redevelopment of an apartment complex, are now on display to the public.
|English Name||Shigetsu Fushimi Castle|
|Castle Condition||Ruins only|
|Historical Period||Pre Edo Period|
|Access||Kangetsukyo Station on the Keihan Uji Line; two minute walk|
|Visitor Information||24/7 free|
|Time Required||15 minutes|
|Coordinates||34° 55' 49.15" N, 135° 46' 12.25" E|
|Added to Jcastle||2020|
|Admin Year Visited||Viewer Contributed|