Inokuchi Castle (Nukata)
Inokuchijō was built by rebels during the Nukata Revolt of 1465. The first commanders ordered to attack Inokuchijō by the Ashikaga Shogunate fled instead. Matsudaira Nobumitsu then attacked the castle and subjugated it. The Maruyama Clan, instigators of the revolt, helped defend the castle but were wiped out. The lord of the castle was Inokuchi Nagaie.
For more information on the Maruyama Clan see Maruyama Noutou Castle.
Located in the Inokuchi neighbourhood of Okazaki City, Inokuchijō is just north of Idajō. No definitive ruins remain and the site is now an Inari shrine (it’s the same with Ida Castle (Mikawa)).
Note: There is a better known castle site with more ruins also called Inokuchijō and also in Mikawa. That Inokuchijō is in Kamo County (roughly corresponding to Toyota Municipality). This Inokuchijō is in Nukata County (roughly corresponding to Okazaki Municipality).
|English Name||Inokuchi Castle (Nukata)|
|Castle Condition||Ruins only|
|Historical Period||Pre Edo Period|
|Access||Nearest station is Daimon Station on the Aichi Loop Line; 20 minute walk|
|Visitor Information||24/7 free; shrine|
|Time Required||10 minutes|
|Location||Okazaki, Aichi Prefecture|
|Coordinates||34° 59' 16.33" N, 137° 9' 58.68" E|
|Added to Jcastle||2023|
|Admin Year Visited||Viewer Contributed|
|Friends of JCastle|
|Jōkaku Shashin Kiroku|