Ogurayamagamijō was built by Ogura Kataharu in 1499. It is now the site of a temple. The Ogura Clan were local landlords based at Ogura Castle, located across the Aichi River in Aichi District. They had a string of fortifications which included Ōmi-Ogurajō and Ōmi-Takanojō.
Ogurayamagamijō is a castle site in East Ōmi, though very little remains of the castle structure. The castle was built on uneven elevation, making it a sort of clifftop fort (hirayamajiro / gakejiro). A ravine runs to one side which was likely used or augmented as a fortfication / trench. On the otherside of the temple which currently occupies the site is a road which climbs the hill side and so no ruins remains here. The temple's main entrance is at the bottom of the hill. There is a small marker for the castle at the temple entrance.
|English Name||Ogurayamagami Castle|
|Castle Condition||Ruins only|
|Historical Period||Pre Edo Period|
|Access||Shin-Yokkaichi Station on the Ōmi Rail Man'yo-Akane Line; 15 minute drive or 140 minute walk|
|Visitor Information||Free; 24/7; Temple|
|Time Required||20 minutes|
|Location||Higashi-Oumi, Shiga Prefecture|
|Coordinates||35° 4' 42.17" N, 136° 18' 1.04" E|
|Added to Jcastle||2021|
|Admin Year Visited||Viewer Contributed|
|Friends of JCastle|