Omagari Yashiki (Kai)
Omagari-yashiki was the fortified residence of the Omagari Clan. Water transportation and river crossings made this area strategically important, but it also left it vulnerable to flooding, and extensive flooding over the centuries has destroyed any trace of the Omagari-yashiki and also likely washed away many materials which would've attested to the history of the clan. However, it is recorded in Takeda Clan chronicles that a vassal called Omagari with the honourific title 'Lord of Mino' died in 1501, and so it is not unlikely that this was the lord of Omagari-yashiki in the 15th century.
In 1508 Aburakawa Nobue was defeated at the Battle of Kai-Katsuyamajō. It is thought that the Omagari fought on his side and, losing to Takeda Nobutora, were eliminated at that time. Historically the area around Omagari-yashiki was part of the Inaźumi Manor.
The site of Omagari-yashiki apparently contains 'buried cultural properties', which sounds exciting but, of course, they being buried, we can't see any of them. Archaelogical digs were carried out here in 2020 due to the expansion of a motorway interchange, though the construction did not cover the site of Omagari-yashiki, which is now that of a shrine, Omagari-daimyōjin, and surrounding rice paddies.
|Kai Omagari Yashiki
|Pre Edo Period
|Nearest Station is Kai-Sumiyoshi Station on the Minobu Line
|24/7 free; fields
|Kōfu, Yamanashi Prefecture
|35° 36' 37.94" N, 138° 35' 2.22" E
|Added to Jcastle
|Admin Year Visited
|Friends of JCastle
|Oshiro Tabi Nikki