Saku Miyanoue Castle
Miyanōejō is listed in the Kōhakusaiki (高白斎記), a Sengoku period historical document, as one of the castles which fell to Takeda Shingen over a series of days in 1543. It fell a few days after Unnokuchijō and the day before Maeyamajō. It is again referred to in 1548, but this time as an encampment. Miyanōejō is thought to have been used as a fortified look-out and as a place to lodge troops. Any ruins of Miyanōejō were destroyed with the construction of Kōmi High School on the site.
No ruins remain of this site which is now a high school.
|English Name||Saku Miyanoue Castle|
|Year Founded||Before 1543|
|Castle Condition||Ruins only|
|Historical Period||Pre Edo Period|
|Access||Managashi Station on the Kōmi Line; 20 minute walk|
|Visitor Information||24/7 free; mountain|
|Time Required||10 minutes|
|Location||Kōmi, Nagano Prefecture|
|Coordinates||36° 6' 9.97" N, 138° 28' 48.29" E|
|Added to Jcastle||2021|
|Admin Year Visited||Viewer Contributed|