Toishi Iizuna Castle
Iiźunajō was part of a complex of castles making up the Toishi Castle complex. Unlike other sites, IIźunajō was built at much lower elevation in the foothills of the castle mount. It was constructed on a hill between Iseyama and Kamikawa to guard access to residences located below the main castle complex.
The center of Iiźunajō is located on a hill behind an old meeting hall. This is private, cultivated land and access is restricted. However, the lower part of the castle is now the site of a grand old building which served as a meeting space for locals after the Edo Period. This structure sits on comely ishigaki (stone walls) dating to 1890.
|Toishi Iizuna Castle
|Pre Edo Period
|Kuruwa, Horikiri, Terracing
|Ueda Station on the Shinano Railway; Sugadaira Bus from Ueda Station No.3 Bus Stop
|Ueda, Nagano Prefecture
|36° 25' 17.29" N, 138° 17' 44.34" E
|Added to Jcastle
|Admin Year Visited