Toro Jin'ya (Mikawa)
Toro-jin'ya was established in 1704 by Yamaguchi Naoyasu, a hatamoto (bannerman), to govern a small fief valued at 3,000 koku. Pines were planted in 1760.
Toro-jin'ya is a hatamoto jin'ya site located in Fukuoka Township, Okazaki Municipality. Fukuoka is half rural and half suburban, and the site of Toro-jin'ya is now that of Fukuoka Elementary School on the edge of urban Okazaki. There is a signboard explaining about the history of the site, but no ruins remain. Five pine trees which were planted at the time of the jin'ya have been retained by the school and now dominate its grounds. These pines, known as the jin'ya pines, are protected as a municipal-designated natural monument.
|Toro Jin'ya (Mikawa)
|has Important Cultural Properties
|Jin'ya no Matsu x5
|Aimi Station on the Tōkaidō Main Line; 30 minute walk; or, Okazaki Station (JR) on the same line; 35 minute walk
|School Hours; entrance area
|Okazaki, Aichi Prefecture
|34° 54' 14.90" N, 137° 9' 12.20" E
|Added to Jcastle
|Admin Year Visited
|Friends of JCastle
|Jōkaku Shashin Kiroku