Yabutsude Castle (Omi)
Yabutsudejō, alternatively read as Yabutejō ('Eight Buddha Arms Castle'), was a branch residence of Tanemurajō located on the opposite (western) side of the Daidō River. Although the exact orientation of the fortified residence is unknown, an old map belonging to the Ôhashi family show it as protected by the river and moats. The castle's gate faced a road which led to White Bird Shrine. A foundation stone was excavated from behind the Ôhashi family's home, probably during the development of the area as a residential block. According to historical documents, such as the 'War Chronicles of the Gamō (Gamō Bunbuki (蒲生文武紀))', the Ōmikomazarae (淡海国木間攫), and the Moriyamajō Monogatari (守山城物語), the lord of the castle was Tanemura Mikawamori in the Sengoku period. The castle was defeated by Gamō Sadahide, a commander under Oda Nobunaga, in 1562. After the Kannonji Disturbance of 1563 in which they were implicated in a murder plot, the Tanemura Clan changed their names to 'Ôhashi' and kept a low profile whilst continuing to inhabit the area, possibly as farmers.
For more information see Tanemura Castle (Shiga).
This site, Yabutsudejō, is a branch castle of a super minor castle, Tanemurajō, making it super super minor. Anyway, there's zero here to see and the site is now suburban sprawl.
|English Name||Yabutsude Castle|
|Founder||Tanemura Clan; Tanemura Mikawamori|
|Year Founded||Sengoku Period|
|Castle Type||Fortified Manor|
|Castle Condition||Ruins only|
|Historical Period||Pre Edo Period|
|Access||Notogawa Station on the Biwako Line; 22 minute walk.|
|Visitor Information||24/7 free; park|
|Time Required||0 minutes|
|Location||Higashi-Ōmi, Shiga Prefecture|
|Coordinates||35° 10' 55.78" N, 136° 10' 47.14" E|
|Added to Jcastle||2022|
|Admin Year Visited||Viewer Contributed|
|Friends of JCastle|
|Oshiro Tabi Nikki|
Enable comment auto-refresher